Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Getting Started Take 2

I am the mother of two gorgeous red head boys, Merrick, 5 and Mason 3. Merrick has systemic onset JRA and is in remission with meds. I have a fabulous husband named Matt who is also an amazing father. 
I was motivated to start this blog because I am sick of being the "fat" friend. I do not consider myself fat, but it has been a struggle to lose these ten pounds. I am currently at 131 pounds, which is the heaviest I have ever been in my life, not including pregnancies. After my second child I trained for and ran a marathon and got down to 115 pounds. My goal at this point is 120 pounds and to stay there, FOREVER! Over the past 3 or 4 months, I have completely given up soda, limited fast food to once a month at the most and have been working out at least three times a week. It has made zero difference. I tried a cleanse and did lose about 5 pounds, but it came back a couple of days later. 
An old friend has been telling me about a product called liv sxinney. When she told me about it, I was intrigued, but as soon as I found out it was multi level marketing I was immediately skeptical. I have been scouring the internet trying to find some negatives posts about this product, but after reading 10 pages of google, I could only find 1 bad review. That is amazing. I am willing to try anything just short of crack at this point so I figured I will give the system a try. I am starting on Friday and I need all the motivation that I can get from you, my friends. I am hoping to get my body fat tested before then, so I can have a more accurate picture of what is going on. Speaking of pictures, I am going to post some scary before pics, so watch out. I am hoping a will have some amazing afters to make up for it. 

6 comments:

  1. Why hello there older sister! I am very excited to hear about your new goal and love talking about anything that has to do with fitness. My little tip is to make sure that you learn the difference between doing cardio and actually doing a fat burning session, (after your running experience this is probably redundant, but who knows). Cardio does wonders for the heart, lung capacity, toning and so on. However your body burns fat at two levels, one being the right now energy (a ready right now storage) used when doing high level cardio, and the other being the energy used from long term fat storage. Burning the long term fat storage can generally be done when getting on a 8-11% incline and going always over 3 mph but generally not over 4.5 mph. Do this for 30-45 minutes 3-5 times a week. What this does is allows your body to get to its target heart rate, thus letting the body calm down and by pass your quick storage and begin to tear away at your main body fat. Hope this helps! 60% diet, 40% exercise! You got it in the bag! Tell the boys hi for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Liesl didn't say that, I did, but I guess her name comes up when I post on these blogs! Ha Ha

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,
    I think we all can feel your pain about losing weight. You are beautiful and have an amazing body. I wish I looked half as good as you. I know that you can do anything and I am ALWAYS here for you. Go Michelle!!!!
    -Fal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tay!!! No, I didn't realize any of that, it has always been my goal to RUN on the treadmill even if it was only at 1% or .5% incline. I guess it would be better to do less speed more incline, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you started a blog. :)
    You know I am always up for the gym so anytime you want to come with me, just let me know! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. O.k., I feel better about being the slow ding dong panting next to you on the treadmill ;)--it's actually burning stored fat-thanks Taylor!
    I wish you could see how gorgeous you are, head to toe, the way we all see you - but I know everyone wants to be the best they can be so whatever you need, just ask. I'm ordering that damn double stroller in the morning!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete