Monday, May 4, 2009

Well, I am sure some of you are wondering how the sxinney water has been going.....okay. I haven't lost anymore, but I have not gained either, I have been able to keep things pretty consistent. Most of my friends seem to think I have gotten smaller for some reason, but the measurements have stayed the same. I am surprised at even that though considering things have been very inconsistent in my life lately. 
First Matt's sister and her boyfriend came for a visit, which included a lot of eating and drinking. We did manage to get in a hike in Zion though, which was my first physical activity in a while.


 Right after that my wonderful, inspiring, truly amazing grandfather very suddenly past away. This man was paralyzed from the waist down since he was 14 years old, yet I never heard him complain about anything ever. All he ever did was inspire. I inherited my frankness and brutal honesty from him. This is he and I when I was a baby. 



Anyway, spending a week in a hotel room in Colorado was not good for my diet nor my workouts. 
The week following the family took a 4 day trip to San Diego where we visited the San Diego Zoo, Sea World and, of course, the beach. We all had a wonderful time. The kids favorite part was the beach, we could have spent everyday there and been perfectly content. The only negative was, I ran out of sxinney water right before I left for this trip. I couldn't believe how tired and foggy I felt. As soon as I got home and started drinking the water again I felt better. I don't know yet if that is bad or good. 

The following week Matt and I went to a beautiful resort off the coast in Southern Oregon called the Tu Tu Tun Lodge. It was exactly what the two of us needed. The lodge is set on the Rogue River a few miles inland from Gold Beach and is very secluded and relaxing. Our room had a wood burning fireplace that the staff set up every evening and no TV's so we were forced into wonderful alone time. :) 

Anyway, I am so sorry to ramble on, I had a bit to catch up on. I will be updating more soon. I decided I need a committed partner to help me stay focused on eating well and working out, I can't seem to stick with it on my own. 

1 comment:

  1. Your grandfather sounds like he was a wonderful person......I also think you look great and I would love to look like you...keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete